Are you in the process of selling your home or thinking of selling your home soon, and there is going to be a bit of time when you will be away from your home for a long weekend or a vacation when your house is on the market? Well please take a moment to read this post from Debbie Reynolds to ensure your house does not appear to be empty.
Thank you Debbie!
Tips for Your Home When Leaving on Vacation
Life goes on even when selling your home. That very important summer vacation may have been booked months or years ago so there is no need to worry that just because you are selling your home, you can still leave for a few days and the selling can continue. There are some things you must do to make sure all goes well while you are away. Above all, you don't want the marketing or the showings to stop because you are out of town.
Check this list to make sure all is in order.
- Tell your agent when you will be gone and how to get in touch with you.
- If you will be out of touch or without Internet a few days, make a plan to check in on certain dates and times.
- Give your agent a phone number for a family member or friend that will know how to get in touch with you.
- Make plans to have your plants or flowers watered, There are services for this.
- Contact a mowing service and keep your yard looking manicured.
- Stop your mail delivery while away,
- Put some interior lights on timers so it will look like you are at home.
- Leave your home clean and showing its best.
- Flush all toilets, remove all trash and make sure no dirty clothes are left in a washer or hamper. Wash the dirty dishes before you go.
- Of course, if you are leaving pets at home, make sure you have a pet attendant watching out of them and keeping their space neat and clean. Pet should not be present for showings.
- Don't publish on social media that you will be gone. Save those photos for posting when you return.
- Leave your home's temperature comfortable for showings.
The home selling will continue and with a little good luck, your home will sell while you are away.
When you are ready to sell your Clarksville TN call The Real Debbie Reynolds at 931-320-6730.
2130 Wilma Rudolph Blvd.
Clarksville, TN 37040
it would be my pleasure to assist you!
"The Real Debbie Reynolds"
931-771-9070 Office | 931-320-6730 Cell
Doug Durren and Gloria Todor, Realtors®, SRES®, SFR®
CENTURY 21 ABSOLUTE REALTY
512 Baltimore Pike, Springfield, PA 19064
610-328-4300 x131 Office
Contact Us For A Free Consultation
Serving Sellers and Buyers in Delaware County, PA
and surrounding counties since 2004.
Monthly Market Reports Posted Here