Have you upgraded some of your electronic devices but have not dealt with the unused old models? Well Toni Weidman has a list of places that can be helpful in decluttering your house of these dust catchers. Take a moment and have a read!
Why Throw Away Your Old Electronics? Check Out These Other Options
Do you have a pile of obsolete (to you) electronic items: Old cell phones, computers, printers? Join the club. According to the EPA, Americans bought 438 million electronic products in 2009. That means millions of other electronic gadgets became obsolete. If everyone donated or recycled those: 2 million tons of waste would not hit our landfills. Visit the EPA to find out more about it epa.gov/ecycling.
What can you do to help? Check out these options
You Can Donate It - You don’t get very much on trade-ins anyway.
- Every phone you donate provides an hour of talk time to soldiers serving overseas. Go to cellphonesforsoldiers.com to print a postage-paid shipping label.
- Hopeline is free cellphones and airtime for victims of domestic violence. Visit verizonwireless.com/hopeline
- National Cristina Foundation matches donated computers with schools and charities in 50 states, Canada and internationally. Go to Cristina.org to find out more.
You Can Recycle it:
- Check out the EPA’s e-cycling partners at epa.gov/plugin.
- And you can go to www.earth911.com key in your item and zip code to get the local recycling centers near you. (BTW-did you know that 13 billions pounds of paper towels are used in the US each year?)
- Dell Reconnect and Goodwill work together to make donating more convenient. You can take your computer equipment (any brand in any condition) to a participating Goodwill Center. Check it out at ww.reconnectpartnership.com
You Might Try Trading It In
- Some companies offer trade-in discounts (We got them when we bought new cell phones at Sprint).
- You can ship your item for free or take it to the a Best Buy Trade-In Store for a gift card. Check out the trade-in locations on the website: www.bestbuytradein.com.
- Amazon.com also gives you a credit in your account for sending in eligible electronics.
- Staples - Trade in used ink cartridges (up to 10/month) and receive $2 each in Staples Rewards. Go to Staples.com for locations near you.
You can always sell it to someone. Check out Usell.com for pricing on used phones.
Just think how much healthier the earth and everything in it would be without all that waste.
Posts you may have missed
Mike Bahr of Pillar to Post Home Inspections
What’s Happening in the West Pasco Housing Market
Raspberry Moon Caladiums Are Great for Curb Appeal
Gardens of Delight and Old Friends in Disney World-Orlando
Millpond Estates in New Port Richey-FLorida
Harbour Watch at Pointe Alexis Northin Tarpon Springs
Wind Mitigation saves you money on your Florida Home insurance
Looking for a great agent? Let me help you find one.Thinking of Selling Your Home in the Trinity-New Port Richey to Hudson?Craig and I have been selling in this area for 21 years.Call Me or email my assistant, Shayna (an SPCA Suncoast alumni).Toni WeidmanTrinity, FL 34655727-237-0083
Websitesemail: email@example.comWe support the SPCA Suncoast in New Port Richey, FL.Please Spay/Neuter Your Pets
All pictures and content are my copyright unless otherwise noted. Please Do Not copy photos or content without permission.
Doug Durren and Gloria Todor, Realtors®, SRES®
CENTURY 21 ABSOLUTE REALTY
512 Baltimore Pike, Springfield, PA 19064
GloriaTodor@Century21.com (EMAIL LINK)
610-328-4300 x131 Office
Serving Delaware County, Montgomery County, Chester County, Pennsylvania & Surrounding Areas
Monthly Market Reports Posted Here